Saturday, February 20, 2010

Patches


The three of us from Iowa that are here at FOB Warhorse. This pose was after I gave PV2 Zuber and PFC Muehe their "combat patch". I got mine last week before i went to the other FOB. Typically, a soldier will wera only a patch on their left shoulder. But a soldier that has deployed to a combat zone, will also wear one on their right shoulder. The usually wear the patch of the unit that they served with. We are serving with a brigade from the 2nd Infantry Division. The patch is the 2ID patch. It is one of the more recognized patches, also one of the most decorated. From what I read, there have been 24+ recipients of the Medal of Honor from this division.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. The top one is my favorite because you are in it. I miss seeing your face. Have a great day. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that handsome devil in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom wants to say HI. Love your new videos.

    ReplyDelete